Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Monday Feb 28th Memory. Yes I am a wee bit late...

Everyone has a memorable picture that brings a smile to their face and fills our heart with a story. Monday Memory occurs the last Monday of each month and allows us to share that favorite photo along with an interesting story. If you choose to participate this month, please remember to drop your link in the comments section of each Memory you visit, so that we may come and visit your site.




Fishing off Kapiti Island, New Zealand, last week with my son, a brilliant day, calm seas, clear skies and the fish were being hauled in, especially this 14lb snapper! A whopper!
Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I missed this months memory, I'll get it next time :) wow nice catch..

Jessica M said...

Nice catch! What beautiful waters, where is that? Was the fish lucky, was it released afterwards? ;)

Jim said...

The ones we release are undersized, but this big beauty is for cooking. Between Kapiti Island and the mainland is a designated Marine Reserve, where no fishing is allowed. This allows regeneration of the bio-system and as the fish population grows undisturbed there, the surrounding areas are repopulated. A balance between conservation and recreational fishing is achieved. I'd like to see more reserves set up all around our coastlines.

Jorie Pacli said...

That's a big catch! Certainly something good for dinner! :)

Debra said...

Kapiti Island on a brilliant day, calm seas, clear skies... resembles paradise to me.

And man, the fish, you really hauled them in didn't you? This one looks bigger than 14lb. Some whopper!

Mary Hudak-Collins livingthescripture.com said...

WOW! That's a BIG fish! What kind is it? Mind you, I don't get to see many fish other than what is already prepackaged in the store:)
I'm sitting here thinking what I could do with that in my kitchen, haha:)