Monday, March 7, 2011

Calling All Travel Bloggers.

Calling all travel bloggers


The world is in shock that one of the premium travel destinations in the world could suffer such a natural disaster as happened two weeks ago in Christchurch. And while all our thoughts go out to those people who have lost loved ones, lost homes and businesses, travel bloggers around the world are uniting to tell the world New Zealand is a great place to travel and there is no better time than now.

March 21, 22, and 23 has been set aside by travel bloggers throughout the world as 72 hours of content generation about travelling to New Zealand. #Blog4NZ is the brain-child of New Zealand travel bloggers Jim McIntosh and John Reese. John himself living in Christchurch. "We want a total black-out of travel content across the world, we want Twitter dominated by Tweets about travelling to New Zealand, we hope that all travel bloggers rally behind this cause and publish as many articles as possible throughout this period about travelling to New Zealand" said event organiser Craig Martin of Indie Travel Media.

"New Zealand is one of the world's greatest travel destinations and has been a great source for many travel bloggers and travel entrepreneurs. For many northern hemisphere countries it is the furthest most spot they can travel. It has been the place where so much innovation has come with regard to travel - the home of Bungy, the birth place of hop-on hop-off backpacker travel, NZ led the way in independent hostels throughout the eighties and nineties. It is also a country where tourism is the number one contributor to GDP, where the Minister of Tourism is the PM - that is how important tourism is. This is the travel community saying hey go to NZ - if there is one place that should be on your travel list this year it is NZ" said Dan Roberts of Travel Generation. "This is something that as the travel community we can do to support not only all the businesses in Christchurch but everyone in New Zealand."

Over the next few days event organisers will be working with the whole New Zealand tourism industry to gather resources, images and content that travel bloggers from all over the world will be able to access, to generate their stories during the 72 hours of blog4NZ. At the same time the call is going out to all travel bloggers, travel experts, photographers and social media users to show the power of the Internet to make a real long term difference to those travel businesses suffering in New Zealand not just now but over the next 12 months in New Zealand as a result of the earthquake.

For more information go to- http://blog4nz.indietravelmedia.com/
Please register your options there. If you want to post an article on your site.
Or write an article to be guest posted on another site.
Or host a guest post.
Would also be good for you to register there so we can assess how many articles will be streamed online for the event, and to judge readership.
It will also be possible for you to link in with a post that you may have already posted.
All ways of you being involoved.
Don't worry, once you register, we will not be hassling you. Just helps to know who is being involved.
 Thanks everyone.

 http://www.facebook.com/blog4nz
Share/Bookmark

19 comments:

Cathy Sweeney said...

Really proud of you and John. Great idea. I'll re-tweet and link to NZ posts on FB, too.

Short Poems said...

Great idea and great article!

Jeremy B said...

Great idea Jim and John. I don't have much to offer here but I can tweet when I see stuff.

The Dropout said...

I've never been "across the ditch" so I can't really blog about the Land of the Long White Cloud. I can try to help you promote it though. Will do my best to get bloggers on board.

Jorie Pacli said...

I'm so excited for this Jim.:) I'll be participating.... I haven't been to NZ but it's sure a nice place to visit.

robin said...

Great idea - I tweeted this.

Axel C. Wilder said...

Not sure how I can contribute, but will spread the word.

Renee King said...

What a worthy endeavor....I will help to spread the word.

Adam said...

Love this idea. I'll have to get some NZ posts together before then.

Jillian said...

Great idea, I'll put this out to my network.

Jim said...

So good to read your support everyone. If you can write positive articles about New Zealand please do so, start writing now. It will be an amazing show of what we travel bloggers can achieve all working together. If you can't write, then you can still be valuable in tweeting, sharing and spreading any article written for this event. Thanks again!

Nancie said...

Great work Jim. I'm signed up to host a blog, and I will tweet and share as much as I can.

Sherry said...

I'm definitely in! I'll Tweet and re-Tweet on your behalf. Godspeed.

Randy said...

Very cool! Will help spread the word about this.

Don Nadeau said...

Wonderful idea. Count me in.

Grace said...

Awesome! I'll join the rest in spreading the word around.

lindsay @_thetraveller_ said...

I will join as well! I have a few posts about NZ I need to put up still.

New Zealand rental car said...

This is indeed a great campaign. Not just for telling the whole world how wonderful New Zealand is, but also about showing support to the business and tourism industries of Christchurch. In our own little way, we also want to help --- cheap rental car services are available for travelers who visit New Zealand.

Gran Canaria Holidays said...

I really love your this post.