Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Moment: Friday 29th.

"If your kilt is nae belted up firm ye'll be showing off ye bare arse mon!"


This Moment- A Friday ritual.


A photo – no words – capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment you want to pause, savour and remember. “This Moment” is a ritual found on Life inspired by the Wee Man which I then kidnapped from Almost there by Sarah-Jane.
And borrowed often from whomsoever is carting it around. But a great idea and credit to the originators.

My Moment is a favourite photo dedicated this week to where we were 12 months ago.



I'm cheating this week as I'll tell you a wee bit about this. Clan night at a wee shop in Fort Augustus, southern end of Loch Ness, Scotland.
Okay, ask me more!

Share/Bookmark

13 comments:

Nelieta said...

This looks very interesting...and like a lot of fun and laughter!

My moment: http://nelietatravellingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/07/moment-in-time_28.html

Marja said...

Seems you had a lot of fun.
Ah you're a shoemaker. My brother is one too

Jim said...

Yeah extremely entertaining time, put on at night after the shop closes, for all the tourists. I think it was the Imray shop of clan curios and Scottish souvenirs.
The guy explains how a family may have lived prior to Culoden, 1745 in their small, airless, smoke full crofte shared with the cattle and sheep. And gets people to dress up as for the times. Men in a kilt of 7 metres length and women in a sinilar wrap.
Plus a demo of typical weaponry as you can see. Loved it!

Hi Marja, where is your brother shoemaking?

BlogNostics said...

Jim,
I love a man who can ware a kilt....

Nice
xoxo
Jessica

Jim said...

That has just got to be Jessica B. I knew you'd be peeking under those kilts! Truth to be told, a real scotsman wears nothing under his kilt!
Gee it gets cold!

Jim said...

That has just got to be Jessica B. I knew you'd be peeking under those kilts! Truth to be told, a real scotsman wears nothing under his kilt!
Gee it gets cold!

Rimly said...

What was this clan night all about? Very interesting

Unknown said...

This is definitely a keeper Jim :)

http://othersideofanna5.blogspot.com/2011/07/this-moment_29.html#more

Jessica M said...

Looks like a spirited good time with a bit of culture added in too! Great moment :)

My moment: http://ascendingthehills.blogspot.com/2011/07/moment-in-time-friday-tradition.html

Anonymous said...

I was more focued on the socks and shoes!

Bec Owen said...

Great moment, Jim...hope to visit Scotland one day!

Alpana Jaiswal said...

I loved the pictures..

Unknown said...

Ha!! So much fun Jim!!

Thanks for sharing :)
http://www.scatteredmusings.net/2011/07/this-moment-friday-ritual/